Search

Add +1

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Selma Blair on breastfeeding in public: “I don’t care who I offend”

Selma Blair has made a stand for the breastfeeding mums out there – the actress and mother of one has said she doesn’t care if people are offended when she breastfeeds in public.

If this was a 90s American chat show we’d be shouting ‘You go, girl’ right about now.



The Hell Boy actress – who gave birth to her adorable son Arthur in July last year – has told People.com that the needs of her son come before anything else, including the general public squirming over some minor nipple exposure,

“The only time he cries is if he's hungry. We all have nipples. I don't care who I offend; my baby wants to eat. If I can't get a cover over me quick enough, so be it.”
We’re just glad Selma hasn’t encountered Kim Kardashian while she’s been out feeding her baby boy in public, as Kim has previously tweeted her disgust at seeing a mother feeding her child at a restaurant.

“EWW I’m at lunch, the woman at the table next 2 me is breastfeeding her baby w no cover up then puts baby on the table and changes her diaper,” she told her followers on Twitter in 2010.

Kim later explained her seemingly anti-breastfeeding remarks, saying on the mirco-blogging site, “Misunderstood tweet - the woman had her boobs out at restaurant yest, feeding then laid her on table and changed her w the food there. Unsanitary.

“My sister breast feeds! Its a natural beautiful thing, there’s nothing wrong w it, but she covers herself, not w her boobs exposed.”

Where do you stand on the debate?

No comments:

Post a Comment